Connect opinions and behaviors across all digital touchpoints, desktop & mobile.

We connect what people say and actually do to drive confident business decisions

Read More

Learn about our team

leadership image

Innovating an insights platform for the future

See More

Check out what’s new

Image of Warner Bros. Discovery logo

Warner Bros. Discovery selects DISQO as a preferred ad effectiveness measurement provider

Advertisers to benefit from innovative ad effectiveness measurement with cross-platform...

DISQO finds daily podcast listeners more attentive to podcast advertising than other ads

New DISQO CX insights reveal that podcast advertising engages listeners...

DISQO study finds consumers more concerned than excited about generative AI

Low knowledge of generative AI applications is driving high consumer...

Survey Junkie

Survey Junkie is an online community with 1.5 million+ active members sharing zero-party data to fuel your insights advantage.

  • share opinion Opinions & behaviors
  • earn rewards 100% opted in
  • share behaviours 1B digital touchpoints monthly
See More


Discovery: Shopping on the Go

Get connected with DISQO’s platform

As the lines between online and in-store shopping continue to blur, so does the role of mobile devices in the purchase process. Recently, over 17,000 members of the DISQO Audience shared their answers to:

  • What percentage of people purchase via their mobile devices?
  • What device do people prefer to use when making an online purchase?
  • How do people use their mobile phones while shopping in a physical store?

First, we sought to understand how many people would admit to shopping on their mobile phones. Unsurprisingly, the vast majority (76%) of people confirmed that they make purchases on their mobile device, leaving 24% who claim that they don’t.

When we asked which device is used most frequently for making purchases online, nearly half (49%) of respondents claim that their mobile device is the top choice. Desktops/laptops rank as the second most used device (43%) and tablets come in last (8%).

With mobile coming out as the top device used for online purchasing, how else is it involved offline? Do consumers still turn to their mobile devices even when they’re shopping in store?

Looking at the results, we discovered that mobile is used throughout the purchasing process, not just when consumers are ready to buy. In fact, about 65% of survey respondents claim to use their mobile device to compare prices while shopping in store. An additional 67% state that they use their device to search for promotions when shopping in store.

Attitudes on mobile shopping and preferences when it comes to device usage can inform marketing strategies for brands. Understanding how and when mobile devices come into the buying journey can allow brands to increase their exposure and more effectively reach their target audience.

About the Study

The Mobile Shopping Survey was conducted in August 2019 and reached over 17,000 members of the DISQO Audience. It asked participants a series of questions related to their buying behavior, uncovering insights into the role that mobile plays in the purchasing process.

Join the Conversation.

Do you prefer shopping on mobile compared to a desktop or tablet device? Join the conversation on LinkedIn or Facebook.

DISQO’s greatest advantage is the opportunity to peek into behavior behind the forbidden “walled gardens’’ by using their identity-based platform instead of using 3rd party cookies to capture ad exposure.”

Bruce Williams

Get connected with DISQO’s platform