Want complete consumer data, but ethically sourced?
The technology industry is one that’s fast-paced and fast-growing, providing exciting opportunities to learn and make an impact in the field. Whether you have technical knowledge already or have experience in another industry, it’s possible to make a career move to the world of data.
During our recent event with ChickTech, our expert panelists dove into the opportunities and challenges when pivoting into the data and insights industry. From helpful tips and advice to pro hacks to get your foot in the door, the discussion covered a ton of topics for anyone interested in making the switch.
If you weren’t able to attend the full session, you can watch a recording here. Check out a few of the key takeaways:
- Find data & apply it to what you do. Data is everywhere, no matter what industry you’re in. Find it and apply it to a project you’re passionate about to showcase your interest and abilities to prospective employers.
- Chase your curiosity. Follow your curiosity and never stop learning. Take courses online, listen to podcasts, read industry publications, and attend webinars to expand your knowledge of the field.
- Don’t be afraid of challenges. Say yes to every challenge that comes your way. Pushing yourself past what makes you uncomfortable is the best way to get ahead in your career.
- Be flexible in your approach. Don’t be married to your biases or decisions. Be adaptable and flexible when it comes to your search and opportunities presented to you.
- Pay attention to company values. Company culture matters, which makes it important to ensure their values align with yours. Don’t be afraid to ask about a company’s diversity and inclusion efforts during an interview. And, ask about how they’ll support your learning and development should you join them in a new data-focused role.
Interested in a career at DISQO? Check out our open opportunities and follow the hashtags #ChickTech and #GoDISQO for additional updates!!
DISQO is a next-generation consumer-first insights platform that delivers unprecedented data and analytics to the market research industry. The company powers insights professionals and marketers with automated solutions that drive consumer research and improve ad effectiveness. Today, DISQO delivers an accurate and complete view of the consumer journey via technology built on the foundation of first-party research from millions of engaged consumers. By engaging consumers who choose to share their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO captures the highest quality data, empowering its clients to make confident decisions. Founded in 2015, DISQO is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has over 160 employees. Learn more about DISQO.
ChickTech is a national organization serving tens of thousands of girls and women every year through tech programs and events. ChickTech was founded in 2012 to engage women and girls of all ages in the technology industry while working to create a better technology culture for all. ChickTech has made a direct impact on tens of thousands of participants, including girls, women, and men. Our programs include summer camps, ChickTech: High School, Meetup groups for adults in tech, and ACT-W Conferences. And wherever possible, we partner with other organizations to expand our impact.