Get connected with DISQO’s platform
COVID-19 has had a significant impact in the lives of people across the world, with behaviors and attitudes changing on a weekly basis. How has consumer confidence shifted over the last few weeks specifically?
To provide ongoing answers, DISQO is now sharing the sixth edition of our Consumer Confidence Study. Since March, DISQO has conducted a weekly survey of select DISQO Audience members, seeking to understand:
- Shifts in reported online shopping behaviors
- Engagement in everyday consumer activities
- Outlook for future engagement in consumer activities
- Concerns that may impact consumer confidence
- Overall spending shifts
Here are some highlights from our sixth edition of the study:
- Online spending, including online grocery, is on the rise. On average, 39% of all purchases are made online, and 21% of people have recently purchased groceries online.
- Interest in home & soft goods is declining. Reported purchases for home & garden and entertainment categories have fallen from their late May peaks. Similarly, we have noticed a slight decline in reported purchases for apparel, health, and beauty (-3%) over the course of July.
- Dining out optimism is dropping. As restaurants have fluctuated between opening and closing, we have noticed a slight decline in both reported and planned dining over the last three weeks.
- Concern over finances & job security has increased. Concerns for both personal finances and job security have risen since July 13th (+1% for personal finances and +2% for job security).
- Concerns over safety have grown. July has seen a slight increase in concern over both contracting and spreading COVID-19. Simultaneously, there has been a larger increase in concern over large crowds.
The sixth edition of the report includes 21 new charts, showing changes week-over-week on topics related to COVID-19 as well as a deep dive into the latest week. As future editions of the study are conducted, the official report page will be updated, and we will continue to provide updates on the DISQO blog.
For additional highlights, methodology, and access to the full report, visit the DISQO Consumer Confidence Study report page.